BitcoinV consensus - A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System
The next evolution in Bitcoin technology. Satoshi’s vision reimagined
BitcoinV takes everything you know and love about Bitcoin and makes it faster, more rewarding, and ready for real-life digital currency payments.
The current block reward is 10 BTCV / block. The block reward stays at 10 BTCV until it reaches the maximum supply of 42 million.
A new block is minted every 10 minutes, making it the same speed as Bitcoin. An exponential dificulty adjustment algorithm is used which leads to more predictable and less spikey block times.
VBR - in short - is an algorithm that aims at distributing block fees more evenly across stakers. Every staker gets 10% of the block reward in the minted block and the rest of the 90% of the reward split evenly in the next 9 blocks after the stake has matured.
It takes 500 blocks for the newly minted coins and the stake to mature. Staking can only occur once the coins are matured.
Staking can be done with UTXOs on P2PKH and P2PK addresses; the network weight and the expected time to reward is calculated and displayed based on these.
BitcoinV uses the 3rd version of the Proof of Stake algorithm which eliminated issues that allowed for short-range and coin-age attacks to happen.
BitcoinV has at its core the Bitcoin codebase, bringing with it all of its features (Segwit transactions, blocksize, etc). On top, it comes with a state of the art PoS implementation, the combination making it a leader in the crypto space.
Features and fixes are continuously developed and merged both on Bitcoin and BitcoinV, the development trees being kept in sync.
Having the same block size and speed as bitcoin makes it well suited to be a store of value like Bitcoin.